Friday, February 15, 2008

Youth Pastor Job Search

So, as most of you know, Matt will be graduating from Moody Bible Institute this May. We began sending his resume out to churches back in October and November of 2007. Well, when I was out shopping for Avery's birthday presents I found 5 or 6 resumes in the trunk of the car that never got mailed. At first I was truly angry, livid even. I just kept hearing Matt saying, "I wonder why no one has called." Well, they aren't mind readers and with the resumes in the trunk and not in the hands (or on the desks) of the people making the decisions it will be pretty difficult to get a youth pastor position. So, needless to say, but I'll say it anyway, we had to do a little investigation work to see if the positions were still open and we had to re-print cover letters and get those things mailed out this past Monday. I have to say that I do realize that God knew the resumes were in the trunk the whole time and because He is Sovereign I will trust Him to provide the perfect place for Matt to serve Him in fulltime ministry.

Please continue to pray for us while we are in the midst of a job search and preparing to put our house up for sale. Pray for Matt to have patience and to not get discouraged. Pray that the Lord will provide a buyer for our house and that we will be out and moving to a new job and new home by June of this year. It is our desire to be within a 5 hour radius of "home" but we would prefer to be less than 2. We serve an amazing and powerful God who is able to do all these things if He is willing. Pray above all else for us to seek His will and for the wisdom to know what it is He would have us to do and where He would have us to go.

2 comments:

Brad and Shana said...

Hey Elizabeth!

We will be praying for the perfect place for you. Our church, will have a Part time youth pastors position beginning late July, but I assume that you will want Full Time. I so hope ya'll can be home or very near home.

Enjoyed the pictures of the kids. It's funny, we took our kids to Chuck E. Cheese for the Valentine's Day present. They had a blast, but it's like Parent Pergatory or something.....

Keep us updated

Brad and Shana said...

Hey Elizabeth!

I've been praying for God to clearly illuminate which path is HIS best for you!!

I think God knows your heart and your willingess to serve wherever He wants you, but your desire to be close to home.

Whereever you end up, will be just the right and perfect place for ya'll for this time. I'm praying for ya'll, and sure hope ya'll can come home.

Shana