Friday, February 15, 2008

Three Years & Nine Weeks

Wow, how time has flown! Where did it go?

I can't believe that Avery just turned three and that Titus is nine weeks old already. Avery's birthday was Friday, Feb. 8th and we were blessed to have Nana and Popsy in town to celebrate the day with us. It seems that Avery has been able to celebrate her birthday everyday for a week. We started Friday after Matt and I got home from Chicago. Popsy and Matt had a "great" time Thursday afternoon shopping for presents at the American Girl Place in Chicago. Matt said that he "felt dirty" when he left that place and that "it is everything that is wrong with America today." I've been in there before and quite frankly, the place scares me. It's too "girlie" for me. It was Popsy's job to take Avery out to pick up dinner so that Matt, Nana, and I could bring the cake in and put balloons and presents out.

Saturday we continued celebrating Avery's birthday by having lunch at Chuck E. Cheese's. Wow. What an experience. I truly do not want to do that again, however Avery had a great time.

Avery raked in the presents. She received several on her actual birthday from me and Daddy, Nana & Popsy, Wendy, Bryon & the girls, and our friend Jessica. She also received stuff in the mail the following week from her Nana Hicks and our friends Kellie, Keith, & Nora. Valentine's Day also came this week so between her birthday & Valentine's it seems she was opening presents everyday for a week.

On Monday, Titus was 9 weeks old. I can't believe how much he's grown in such a short amount of time. We have been truly blessed with two beautiful and wonderful children.



0 comments: